Professional Learning Offer
Discounted Professional Learning
We are committed to providing the highest quality professional learning that supports schools to drive improvement, train and develop staff and provide professional challenge.
What’s more, member schools benefit from access to our high-quality professional learning at significantly discounted fees – on average, over 40% below non-member prices.
‘Our ‘Professional Learning Offer’ brochure is published annually and contains a wide range of programmes, workshops and events, including:
Early Career Programmes
For teachers at the start of their career, we currently offer:
- A Primary Enhanced ECT Induction Offer, working in collaboration with East London Teaching School Hub, covering the first two years of teaching.
- Primary and secondary bespoke sessions for teachers to strengthen and develop pedagogy.
Classroom Practitioner Training
Our primary team offer a range of training courses to support classroom practice including:
- Subject knowledge development in key areas such as English, Mathematics and Science
- New subject knowledge development courses in the wider curriculum, in response to the Education Inspection Framework and, specifically, ‘deep dives’
- Phonics and Early Reading training
- Moderation training and understanding national expectations
From aspiring through to experienced school leaders, at middle or senior levels, our leadership programmes encourage colleagues to work with their peers from within Tower Hamlets and beyond. We offer programmes for colleagues at all stages of their leadership journey, including:
- High Performance Leadership
- Future Headteachers
- Next Generation Senior Leaders
- LEAD (Leadership Exploration and Development) for Middle Leaders
- BAME Leaders
- Leadership Lab Series including Leading People and Leading Change
School Business Manager Support
In addition to supporting the work of the SBM Forum, we work with School Business Managers to offer professional learning that meets their needs. As a result we will be offering leadership programmes for support staff leaders in 2023-24.